Every day, thousands of companies rely on the 70+ integrations we’ve built, to track tens of thousands of metrics. We have built out-of-the-box integrations with popular SaaS applications like Google Analytics, Salesforce, MailChimp and Facebook Ads that allow users to pull 3500+ distinct metrics instantly. Customers can also visualize their own data by using our integrations with Google Sheets, Zapier or SQL database products like Google Big Query, Snowflake and Amazon Redshift.
However, there are many more that our customers would like us to build and we are looking to expand our resources to get it done.
As an Integration Engineer, you’ll join our Data platform team to build new integrations. But, you’ll also help us further develop the integrations part of the Databox Data Platform, a microservice oriented platform with 10+ services that are deployed on AWS (EC2, ELB, VPC, etc), using Kubernetes to manage containers. Several of these services have throughput numbering in the hundreds of millions of requests per day. On the Data platform itself, you’ll be challenged by building new and maintain existing core services for data extraction, storage, and data manipulation in order to deliver relevant data on-demand to thousands of users.
The best candidates will excel at the following:
- 3+ years of experience as an engineer with a track record of building modular systems, simple solutions and high quality code.
- Experience with PHP, Node.js or TypeScript. However, as new programming languages can be learned quickly, we care much more about your general engineering skills than knowledge of a particular language or framework
- Experience working with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Highly value writing a clear and efficient code that performs at scale
- Ability to learn quickly, take initiative, work independently and handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Enjoy data pipeline, infrastructure and/or distributed systems work
- Enjoy working across layers of the stack and doing anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
Additional skills needed:
- Getting things done attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent English-language speaking and writing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytics and troubleshooting skills
- Close attention to detail
We are always exploring new tools and ideas as our needs evolve, and we love working alongside people who are willing to try new things. Code reviews, writing tests, and belief in the value of coding standards are only some of our core engineering values. We recognize achievements, encourage personal growth, knowledge sharing and having fun.
If you are passionate about all this and would like to join a fast-growing startup, we would like to invite you to apply for this job.
The right candidate for this position will be located near Ptuj, Slovenia. We offer competitive compensation and access to co-working spaces in Ptuj, Slovenia and Boston, MA with a well-stocked kitchen full of cold drinks, fresh fruit, and snacks. However, since our team and customer base is distributed globally across several countries with concentrations of team members in Slovenia (Ptuj and Ljubljana), US (Boston, MA) and Serbia (Novi Sad), this is an opportunity to work in a company with a flexible schedule, location and travel opportunities.
About Databox, Inc
Databox, a fast-growing software company that helps other companies monitor and improve their business performance.
Databox is disrupting the $16B Business Analytics and Intelligence by providing a free-to-start, easy-to-setup option for small and medium-sized businesses who want to track performance metrics from popular business software tools in one application on any device. Join us and help us deliver business intelligence to the millions of companies who are desperate for a way to predictably improve their company’s performance using data.