Gousto has a strong data culture: we believe that data is the voice of our customers and therefore it is an integral part of all departments. We’re looking for a Data Engineer to join the Data Team and work on our data-pipelines. These are built using Airflow, Snowplow, Kinesis, Redshift, AWS Lambda etc. and are the backbone to many data products. Not just to analytics providing deep insights on our customers’ behaviour, but also to various machine learning and optimisation algorithms that are a crucial part of our business.
You’ll work hand-in-hand with our Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers and Product Managers, ensuring that the pipeline is clean, efficient and scalable as the business continues to grow massively.
If you’re a natural problem solver and are passionate about data, you’ll fit right in.
● BSc in Computer Science or similar
● Extensive experience with data warehousing and data modelling
● A proven track record of designing, implementing & maintaining ETLs
● Experience with Cloud Architecture (AWS and Redshift preferably)
● Strong programming and software design skills (Python preferably)
● Ability to write efficient SQL queries
● Keen to learn new technologies
● Good communication skills
Bonus points for
● Working understanding of data-lake architecture
● Experience with modern orchestration tools, e.g. Airflow
● Familiarity with event tracking (Snowplow or equivalent)
● Working understanding of graph databases (like neo4j)
● Experience with deploying machine learning algorithms in production
● Familiarity with agile development methodologies
We are a growing team with huge impact. We move fast and are always keen to learn new things (ask about Tech 10%). We have regular socials to make work more fun and many workshops for personal development (Gousto Academy).
As the main office is based in London you will occasionally travel to London to meet your peers, build strong relationships with them and make some fun.
Apply at https://gousto.workable.com/j/DFFA62C589.
Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK. As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Technology, Data Science and AI are at the heart of what we do. The code we write powers every aspect of our business from the recommendation engine powering our e-commerce experience down to the genetic algorithms used to efficiently route boxes in our warehouse.
Hear Timo our Founder, discussing our AI capabilities at Gousto: http://bit.ly/Timo-Gousto
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
Gousto HQ is based in London and we are looking to expand our office in Ljubljana.