At Zemanta we’re building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard – they use it to run native advertising campaigns that reach millions of people every day. In July 2017, Zemanta joined Outbrain (the world’s largest content recommendation company) on their mission to help anybody discover great content.
We’re currently managing hundreds of thousands of live campaigns each day and our realtime bidding architecture handles up to a million requests every second. This generates terabytes of data every day that needs to be processed quickly and efficiently.
We’re looking for a versatile Backend Engineer to help us grow our network of ad exchanges. You will be developing tools for adding, monitoring and optimizing partner integrations in a unique team of fullstack, backend and solutions engineers with high autonomy and data-driven decision making.
What it’s like to be an engineer at Zemanta?
We solve hard problems: Like processing >1M bid requests per second efficiently, keeping tens of thousands of advertising campaigns in sync across multiple 3rd party systems and managing a database with billions of entries and >100k qps.
We use the right tools for the job: Our stack includes: Go, Java, Kotlin, Python, AWS, GCP, Kafka, Aerospike, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Hadoop, Docker, Prometheus, Grafana and more. We use Github for managing code, Jira for keeping track of projects and Slack to tie it all together.
We care about quality: We don’t just want things done, we want them done right. We cannot imagine life without continuous integration, one-click automated deployments, code reviews, technical specs, architecture design reviews and unit tests. We find beauty in simple and elegant solutions and flexible architectures.
We push people out of their comfort zone: If you want to grow, you’ll get all the responsibility you can handle. Our engineers take full ownership over projects, which includes everything from defining a solution with product managers, planning, architectural design, implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance. If this sounds overwhelming, don’t worry – you’ll get plenty of support from more experienced members of the team.
We are a small team with global impact: Since joining Outbrain we’ve become a part of a global engineering team, which opens up lots of new opportunities for us. We collaborate with engineers and product managers based in Tel Aviv on a daily basis. That said, we’re still Zemanta – a closely-knit team with distinct identity.
We constantly try to improve: We share knowledge through internal weekly tech talks, postmortems, code reviews, blog posts and meetup talks.
- Good knowledge of modern backend development, databases, basic data structures and most common design patterns.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, well-tested and not over-engineered production code.
- You set very high standards for yourself.
- You are a reliable, trustworthy person that keeps their promises and takes responsibility for their actions.
- You have a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Having experience with our stack (Go, Python, vue.js, Hadoop, Aerospike, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Docker) is a plus, but not mandatory – we value talent, strong fundamentals and dedication to excellence more than the tools you’ve used.
We care deeply and invest heavily into our team, setting everybody up for growth and success. In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fast-paced startup environment, learning from other smart people and skyrocketing your skills, we offer:
- International environment: work with world-class Outbrain engineers based in Tel Aviv and New York on a daily basis
- Full-time employment with an attractive salary package
- Stock options plan
- Traveling to world’s leading software engineering conferences every year and learning from the best
- A laptop and other equipment of your choice
- Opportunity to give back to community – by open-sourcing code, giving talks and sharing knowledge through our tech blog
- Flexible working hours and an ability to work from home – we want our employees to have a healthy work-life balance
- Free access to the gym and pool to keep you in shape
Not from Ljubljana? No problem – if you’re the right person for the job, we will help you with your relocation.
About Zemanta an Outbrain Company
At Zemanta, we're building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard - they use it to run native advertising campaigns that can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars per month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our team to take our platform to the next level.
Zemanta recently joined Outbrain, the largest native advertising company in the world, on their mission of enabling everyone to discover great content.