As a backend developer, you will responsible for the development of backend software in the Go programming language, as well as designing and architecting a globally distributed online service.
While working in Visionect’s backend development team you’ll meet Go, Lua and Python, use OpenCV libraries, develop Webkit libraries and work on distributed systems (microservices, tracing, event based communication, etc). We’re using our CI/CD to deploy systems with Docker and Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform.
You should have at least 3 years of work experience with development and you should aspire to work with us long term – we’re proud of our team and the fact that they are here for the long haul.
What is it like to work in engineering at Visionect:
- You’ll work in a great team. We tend to hire good team players that go out of their ways to help others on the team.
- Your work will have impact and scale. We deploy huge numbers of devices yearly across the world (primarily US and EU). Whatever you do will be felt by thousands of customers the next day.
- You’ll grow. We make sure you’re on track. You’ll set your goals and we’ll help you achieve them through internal coaching, mentorships, tech talks.
We are offering:
- Employment in our Ljubljana HQ. If you’re the right person for the job, we will help you with your relocation.
- Competitive pay and compensation, with full medical insurance and paid leave.
- A creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance new ideas and thoughts.
- Top talent and probably the strongest coffee anywhere.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The development of backend software in the Go programming language.
- Designing and architecting a globally distributed online service.
Skills, attributes and experience required:
- Experience with backend development with Python, C#, Java, Go or similar
- Knowledge of Go programming language
- Understanding of services architecture
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix
- At least 3 years of work experience with development.
- In-depth experience with Go programming language
- Experience with cloud-scale databases
- Experience with C programming language
- Experience with distributed and highly available services
- Experience with modern IaaS and PaaS solutions
- Docker, Kubernetes experience
- Knowledge of good security practices
- Knowledge of Google Site Reliability Engineering concepts
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 2007, Visionect is the premier designer and developer of ultra-low-power digital display solutions created on electronic paper technology.
Visionect’s mission is to empower people in public spaces to make better decisions by delivering more relevant, timely information, supported by digital displays easily installed in locations impossible before.
The company is known for its JOAN room scheduler and the Place & Play product line, while partnerships with leading industry players have resulted in cutting-edge signage technology for traffic and public transportation, retail, hospitality, healthcare, education, finance and more. Visionect products and solutions are used by some of the most influential organizations in the world, among them Microsoft, Hyundai, Dreamworks, Disney, Lego, NASA, BMW and others.