Zemanta, an Outbrain company, is looking for experienced software engineers with SRE/DevOps experience.
Our system is based both on cloud infrastructure as well as bare metal infrastructure managed in our own data centers. Our server fleet consists of over 7000 physical servers. It processes over 2.5M requests per second and produces over 300 Billion personalised recommendations per month, reaching around 800M unique users every month.
Our system is built on cutting-edge technologies and with a microservice design, working in a highly scalable and self-serve CI/CD environment. We work with exciting technology: Java, Go, Python, AWS, GCP, Chef, Ansible, Kafka, Aerospike, PostgreSQL, Redis, Hadoop, BigQuery, Prometheus and Grafana.
If you are:
- An experienced engineer who wants to design, develop and implement modern infrastructure
- Passionate about helping & supporting engineering teams in order to make their life easier
- Excited about highly scalable systems and love troubleshooting and performance tuning complex distributed systems while automating about everything you can
then this is definitely the role for you.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Linux and at least basic networking knowledge
- Experience in writing code in Python or any other similar coding language.
- Experience working with IaC and configuration management (such as Terraform, Chef, Ansible).
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes and Jenkins).
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Great interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate with a variety of teams.
- Experience with observability tools like Prometheus, ELK Stack & Grafana – an advantage.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL technologies like Hive, Hadoop, MySQL – an advantage.
- Familiar with public cloud such as GCP, AWS is an advantage
We care deeply and invest heavily into our team, setting everybody up for growth and success. In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fast-paced environment, learning from other smart people and skyrocketing your skills, we offer:
- International environment: work with world-class Zemanta & Outbrain engineers based in Ljubljana and Tel Aviv
- Full-time employment with an attractive salary package
- Participate in the success of the company through our stock package
- Traveling to world’s leading software engineering conferences every year and learning from the best
- A laptop and other equipment of your choice
- Opportunity to give back to community – by open-sourcing code, giving talks and sharing knowledge through our tech blog
- Free access to the gym and pool across the street to keep you in shape
- We’re working fully remotely from the beginning of the pandemic until further notice
- Hybrid working mode when things get back to normal (1-2 days per week in the office – or all days in the office if that’s what you prefer)
About Zemanta an Outbrain Company
At Zemanta, we're building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard - they use it to run native advertising campaigns that can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars per month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our team to take our platform to the next level.
Zemanta recently joined Outbrain, the largest native advertising company in the world, on their mission of enabling everyone to discover great content.