We are looking for a top-notch frontend engineer who will help shape the technology of the world’s top content recommendation network.
- Each team is highly autonomous and owns its own services. You develop, you deploy, you wake up at night when your code breaks.
- Production code must be safeguarded by unit and integration tests, pass static analysis, go through a gradual deployment process and be automatically monitored for business KPIs. Quality is king.
- Peer review through pull requests is our bread and butter.
- Use the right tool for the job. Don’t blindly follow the latest fad, but always be on the lookout for what’s out there.
- We require thousands of servers across multiple data centers to serve our traffic.
- > 10k Kubernetes pods.
- Many dozens of services and data stores are accessed for each served request. We have a Netflix-style micro services architecture where all pieces must fit together to deliver on performance and correctness.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science / Engineering or related degrees, or equivalent knowledge
- Proven industry experience in web/frontend software development
- You have excellent knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing at scale, and operations.
- You have great communication and interpersonal skills, and you love to collaborate with your team and share all the different knowledge you’ve accumulated with others.
- Experience with Angular, React, Vue.js or similar frameworks is an advantage
- Experience with backend development is an advantage
- Engagement with open source projects is an advantage
We care deeply and invest heavily into our team, setting everybody up for growth and success. In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fast-paced environment, learning from other smart people and skyrocketing your skills, we offer:
- International environment: work with world-class Zemanta & Outbrain engineers based in Ljubljana and Tel Aviv
- Full-time employment with an attractive salary package
- Participate in the success of the company through our stock package
- Access to additional trainings and courses to support your growth & development
- A laptop and other equipment of your choice
- Opportunity to give back to community – by open-sourcing code, giving talks and sharing knowledge through our tech blog
- Free access to the gym and pool across the street to keep you in shape
- We’re working fully remotely from the beginning of the pandemic until further notice – office is available if you need it
- Hybrid working mode when things get back to normal (1-2 days per week in the office – or all days in the office if that’s what you prefer)
About Zemanta an Outbrain Company
At Zemanta, we're building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard - they use it to run native advertising campaigns that can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars per month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our team to take our platform to the next level.
Zemanta recently joined Outbrain, the largest native advertising company in the world, on their mission of enabling everyone to discover great content.