We are Outbrain.
We’re one of the world’s largest content recommendation platforms, delighting audiences with engaging, personalized content recommendations while serving as the primary engagement partner and platform for the world’s top digital media companies.
Outbrain is seeking an experienced IT Manager to join our global Information Technology team, supporting our eleven offices across Europe and an employee population of around 500 people. Based out of our Ljubljana office and reporting to the global IT Director, we are looking for a manager who is a solution-driven problem solver that can balance corporate demands within a fast paced environment.
A day in the life
- You will lead the EU IT team and your responsibility will be throughout Outbrain’s locations in Europe
- You will be responsible managing and maintaining our servers, Cloud infrastructure, network and desktop infrastructure
- You will have proven experience to provide day-to-day operational support, take ownership of all the IT services in our EU locations
- You will lead strategic IT projects and interact with the different departments and stakeholders to identify and implement new technology solutions
- You will be introduced to Outbrain’s IT Infrastructure and Tools, learn how to support the end users, maintain the networking environment and collaborate with other team members across the department
- You will work with Linux servers, Zoom conferencing systems, Virtual environments, networking and firewalls learn how to automate common procedures and ensure high levels of security and availability.
- You will visit our EU headquarter offices to get to know the infrastructure and meet the relevant employees and managers of each region.
- Traveling is expected between our EU locations.
What you’ll bring
- You are likely to have 5-10 years of relevant IT experience (2 years of team management is a minimum requirement)
- You are resourceful, bright, proactive, a go-getter who works well independently and as part of a team
- You are an energetic self-starter who enjoys working on operational tasks, proactive in delivering the best possible customer experience in a dynamic environment
- MAC laptop support experience/ Windows laptop/desktop support – Essential
- Networking , Switching (VLAN) , Routing and DNS/DHCP knowledge – Essential
- Experience supporting Multi OS platforms – Essential
- Have a Lan/Wan knowledge, security and Telecoms – Essential
- Hands on experience with configuring, setup and maintenance of firewalls – Essential
- Hands on experience with configuring switches , LAG, VLAN – Essential
- Linux knowledge – would be a plus
- Vmware hypervisor, installing and managing virtual machines – would be a plus
- You must have demonstrable experience leading projects from start to end
- Flexible and can understand and overcome challenges head on
- Experience working with external vendors and suppliers and maintaining work contracts
- Great people skills and the ability to work in collaboration with other team members & internal customers
- Ability to travel to EU offices – sometimes at relatively short notice
Technical Skills/Experience (these will be tested in the early stages of the recruitment process).
More than snacks!
- Office and home hybrid working – make your home working space productive and comfortable with our WFH budget!
- Parking reimbursement
- Be part of our success with our equity program
- Wellbeing benefits like sports allowance,
- Expand your toolbox with our mentorship program and internal learning tools
- Pet friendly office
- Happy hours & Free lunch once a week that is cooked by renowned chef
- …and of course a fully stocked kitchen!
Please submit your CV in english.
We Recommend #LifeAtOutbrain
Our company culture is welcoming, dynamic, diverse, global, and built on top performance.
Did you know “trust” is one of our core values? We apply this value to our day-to-day by working collaboratively on a global scale. With managers and teammates often sitting in other countries and time zones, we value communication, patience, and open-mindedness to all cultural backgrounds. We encourage all ideas, and everyone gets a seat at the table!
Our team is made up of individuals who are approachable, resourceful, passionate, and proactive. We foster a sense of belonging through our Employee Resource Groups –employee-led groups in which we debate topics and drive change. From OB Green (environmental), OB WE (women empowerment), OB Good (charitable initiatives) to OB4E (diversity, equity, and inclusion), you’ll be able to share your passions with likeminded people.
Dive into the Outbrain experience via our Instagram account!