Zemanta, an Outbrain company is looking for a backend engineer to help us make our DSP platform #1 in the world! The Zemanta One DSP is used by our customers to manage millions of dollars in advertising budgets. In ad tech there’s always something new going on so our backlog of features to implement never runs dry.
You’ll be working with your colleagues, the product team and other teams within Zemanta to provide our customers with the bleeding edge functionality they need to achieve their goals. Despite that we’re building the product for the long-term so we put quality over quantity, emphasizing good practices and managing technical debt.
If implementing new features across the entire stack, optimizing performance in the web layer (Python & Django), ensuring queries are fast in the database (PostgreSQL, Redshift) or speeding up our batch ETL and real-time stream processing gets you excited, let’s talk!
- At least 5+ years of experience with backend engineering
- Good knowledge of modern backend development, databases, basic data structures, algorithms and common design patterns.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, well-tested production code
- Solid understanding of web foundations like APIs, HTTP and SSL
- Experience with Python/Django
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Experience with analytics, data warehouses, ETLs
What it’s like to be an engineer at Zemanta?
We solve hard problems: like processing 1,3M bid requests per second efficiently, keeping thousands of advertising campaigns in sync across multiple 3rd party systems, managing a database with billions of entries and 150M+ qps, and extracting statistics from terabytes of daily raw data to display them in a nice UI table with thousands of editable rows.
We build things that matter to our users: Engineers work closely with our Customer Success team to understand how our customers use our product. This helps us make better decisions when building new features.
We care about quality: We don’t just want things done, we want them done right. We cannot imagine life without continuous integration, one-click automated deployments, code reviews, technical specs, architecture design reviews and unit tests. We find beauty in simple and elegant solutions and flexible architectures.
We push people out of their comfort zone: If you want to grow, you’ll get all the responsibility you can handle. Our engineers take full ownership over projects, which includes everything from defining a solution with product managers, planning, architectural design, implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance. If this sounds overwhelming, don’t worry – you’ll get plenty of support from more experienced members of the team.
We are a small team with global impact: Since joining Outbrain we’ve become a part of a global engineering team, which opens up lots of new opportunities for us. We collaborate with engineers and product managers based in Tel Aviv on a daily basis. That said, we’re still Zemanta – a closely-knit team with distinctive identity.
We constantly try to improve: We share knowledge through internal weekly tech talks, postmortems, code reviews, blog posts and meetup talks.
We care deeply and invest heavily into our team, setting everybody up for growth and success. In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fast-paced environment, learning from other smart people and skyrocketing your skills, we offer:
- International environment: work with world-class Outbrain engineers based in Tel Aviv and New York
- Full-time employment with an attractive salary package
- Stock options plan
- Traveling to world’s leading software engineering conferences every year and learning from the best
- A laptop and other equipment of your choice
- Opportunity to give back to community – by open-sourcing code, giving talks and sharing knowledge through our tech blog
- Flexible working hours and an ability to work from home
About Zemanta an Outbrain Company
At Zemanta, we're building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard - they use it to run native advertising campaigns that can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars per month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our team to take our platform to the next level.
Zemanta recently joined Outbrain, the largest native advertising company in the world, on their mission of enabling everyone to discover great content.