- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, or a graduate level mix of degrees in Computer Science and Economics.
- Knowledge in Game Theory/Mechanism Design is a plus.
- Proven experience in formulating real-world business problems as computational optimisation problems.
- Proven ability to work with business counterparts in addition to technical colleagues.
- At least 3 years of non-academic experience of back-end development.
- At least 3 years of experience in building machine learning models over large datasets with Apache Spark or Hadoop/MapReduce.
- Experience in taking machine learned models to production in a high throughput, low latency environment.
We care deeply and invest heavily into our team, setting everybody up for growth and success. In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fast-paced startup environment, learning from other smart people and skyrocketing your skills, we offer:
- International environment: work with world-class Outbrain engineers based in Tel Aviv and New York
- Full-time employment with an attractive salary package
- Stock options plan
- Traveling to world’s leading software engineering conferences every year and learning from the best
- A laptop and other equipment of your choice
- Opportunity to give back to community – by open-sourcing code, giving talks and sharing knowledge through our tech blog
- Flexible working hours and an ability to work from home occasionally
- Free access to the gym and pool across the street to keep you in shape
Not from Ljubljana? No problem – if you’re the right person for the job, we will help you with your relocation.
About Zemanta an Outbrain Company
At Zemanta, we're building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard - they use it to run native advertising campaigns that can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars per month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our team to take our platform to the next level.
Zemanta recently joined Outbrain, the largest native advertising company in the world, on their mission of enabling everyone to discover great content.