As a team lead in Analytics Infrastructure at Outbrain, you will lead a well established team of strong software engineers working on mission-critical data flows and deliver high impact results. Our streaming and batch data pipelines process over PetaBytes scale data, utilizing Open-Source tools like Apache Spark, Apache Cassandra, Apache Kafka, and many more. This role is ideal for someone passionate about data, about engineering, and everything in between.
We work with exciting technologies: Hybrid Cloud, GCP, Kafka, Elastic, Druid, MySql, Hadoop, BigQuery, Prometheus, Grafana.
Your team’s mission is to develop the infrastructure needed to democratize data flows at Outbrain. This includes a wide range of responsibilities:
- Developing the framework for self-serve ETLs
- Maintaining a high SLA for stream processing, using Spark & Scala
- Evaluate and implement new data technologies
What will be your personal responsibilities?
- Maximizing the team’s impact and supporting the growth aspirations of employees
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability
- Create a roadmap that meets the goals of your team
- Establish a solid project workflow and development processes
- Collaborate with the engineering organization to develop and deploy services at scale
- Leverage our rich data sources and large-scale computing resources to build systems that process terabytes of data to improve outcomes for the advertisers
- Perform software research, development, evaluation, and optimization
- You’ll align and coordinate with product managers, architects, and other engineers to solve complex problems and cross-team challenges
- Experience with building and operating large scale scalable and resilient systems
- Experience with Big Data Engineering
- A product oriented mindset
- A strong desire to learn and grow as a member of a talented engineering team
- Great communication skills
- English at a high verbal & literacy level
We care deeply and invest heavily into our team, setting everybody up for growth and success. In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fast-paced environment, learning from other smart people and skyrocketing your skills, we offer:
- International environment: work with world-class Zemanta & Outbrain engineers based in Ljubljana and Tel Aviv
- Full-time employment with an attractive salary package
- Participate in the success of the company through our stock package
- Traveling to world’s leading software engineering conferences every year and learning from the best
- A laptop and other equipment of your choice
- Opportunity to give back to community – by open-sourcing code, giving talks and sharing knowledge through our tech blog
- Free access to the gym and pool across the street to keep you in shape
- We’re working fully remotely from the beginning of the pandemic until further notice
- Hybrid working mode when things get back to normal (1-2 days per week in the office – or all days in the office if that’s what you prefer)
About Zemanta an Outbrain Company
At Zemanta, we're building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard - they use it to run native advertising campaigns that can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars per month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our team to take our platform to the next level.
Zemanta recently joined Outbrain, the largest native advertising company in the world, on their mission of enabling everyone to discover great content.