- You will join a small, independent team of talented engineers responsible for connecting Outbrain and Zemanta infrastructure.
- At the same time you will become a member of Outbrain’s world-class global engineering team and get a chance to work with some of the best engineers in the business.
- You’ll work with exciting technology: most of our backend is written in Kotlin or Go, and we use Cassandra, Aerospike, Hadoop, Redshift and Kafka to handle our data.
- You’ll get a lot of freedom – you’ll be encouraged to work on any part of the codebase to get the job done, and you’ll deploy all the code yourself (don’t worry, our tools make this super easy). This will allow you to move fast and deliver value with nothing slowing you down.
- Good knowledge of modern backend development, databases, basic data structures and algorithms and most common design patterns.
- You have solid understanding of web foundations like http, ssl and dns
- You’re comfortable with at least one SQL dialect
- Comfortable in the GNU/Unix environment like GNU/Linux or MacOS
- Experience with NoSQL databases, Hadoop, Docker, Java Spring framework
- Experience with working with clients or product managers
We care deeply and invest heavily into our team, setting everybody up for growth and success. In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fast-paced environment, learning from other smart people and skyrocketing your skills, we offer:
- International environment: work with world-class Outbrain engineers based in Tel Aviv and New York
- Full-time employment with an attractive salary package
- Stock options plan
- Traveling to world’s leading software engineering conferences every year and learning from the best
- A laptop and other equipment of your choice
- Opportunity to give back to community – by open-sourcing code, giving talks and sharing knowledge through our tech blog
- Flexible working hours and an ability to work from home occasionally
- Free access to the gym and pool across the street to keep you in shape
Not from Ljubljana? No problem – if you’re the right person for the job, we will help you with your relocation.
About Zemanta an Outbrain Company
At Zemanta, we're building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard - they use it to run native advertising campaigns that can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars per month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our team to take our platform to the next level.
Zemanta recently joined Outbrain, the largest native advertising company in the world, on their mission of enabling everyone to discover great content.