As a Bidder Core team lead at Zemanta, you will lead a well established team of strong software engineers working on key Zemanta services to deliver high impact results. Our real-time bidding infrastructure handles more than 2.3M bid requests/second and it has to choose the correct ad for each one of them. This role is ideal for someone passionate about people growth, providing technical leadership and guidance and solving complex tech problems.
What is your team’s mission?
Your team’s mission is to connect Zemanta’s advertisers with programmatic supply. This includes a wide range of responsibilities:
- Making sure we respond quickly to more than 2.3 million requests/second with the best ads possible
- Keeping hundreds of thousands of advertising campaigns in sync across multiple systems
- Building new features that advertisers can leverage and optimizing existing ones
- Building internal development tools
- Working with terabytes of data to extract meaningful insights from it
- Working with databases with billions of entries and hundreds of thousands qps
- Providing means to business and product teams for accessing the relevant data needed for their work
- We work with exciting technology: Go, AWS, GCP, Kafka, Aerospike, PostgreSQL, Redis, Hadoop, BigQuery, Prometheus, Grafana.
What will be your personal responsibilities?
- Maximizing the team’s impact and supporting the growth aspirations of employees
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability
- Establish a solid project workflow and development processes
- Collaborate with software engineers and data scientists to research, develop and deploy services at scale
- Leverage our rich data sources and large-scale computing resources to build systems that process terabytes of data to improve outcomes for the advertisers
- Perform software research, development, evaluation, and optimization
- You’ll align and coordinate with product managers, architects, and other engineers to solve complex problems and cross-team challenges
- You’ll actively contribute in technical decision making ranging from algorithm design to system and data architecture
- Experience with building and operating large scale scalable and resilient systems
- A product oriented mindset
- A strong desire to learn and grow as a member of a talented engineering team
- You set very high standards for yourself and you are constantly improving your skills
- We expect you to like working with people – you’ll be doing that a lot
- You are a reliable, trustworthy person that keeps their promises and takes responsibility for their actions
- Experience with leading a team of software engineers is a bonus but not a requirement
We care deeply and invest heavily into our team, setting everybody up for growth and success. In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fast-paced environment, learning from other smart people and skyrocketing your skills, we offer:
- Full-time employment with an attractive salary package
- Equity plan
- International environment: work with world-class Outbrain engineers based in Tel Aviv and New York
- Access to additional trainings and courses to support your growth & development
- A laptop and other equipment of your choice
- Opportunity to give back to community – by open-sourcing code, giving talks and sharing knowledge through our tech blog
- Flexible working hours and an ability to work from home
- Not from Ljubljana? No problem – if you’re the right person for the job, we will help you with your relocation.
What is Zemanta?
At Zemanta we’re building the most advanced advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard – they use it to run advertising campaigns that reach millions of people every month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our engineering team to take our platform to the next level.
In July 2017 Zemanta joined Outbrain (the world’s largest content recommendation company) on their mission to help anybody discover great content.
In July 2021 Outbrain became a public company trading on NASDAQ.
About Zemanta an Outbrain Company
At Zemanta, we're building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard - they use it to run native advertising campaigns that can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars per month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our team to take our platform to the next level.
Zemanta recently joined Outbrain, the largest native advertising company in the world, on their mission of enabling everyone to discover great content.