Zemanta, an Outbrain company is looking for an experienced software Engineer with machine learning and data science aspirations. The team this person will join is part of Outbrain’s Recommendations Group – about 40 machine learning engineers, data scientists and backend engineers who are responsible for everything that Outbrain recommends in its feeds and widgets. The team is involved in research, implementation and production rollout of state of the art machine learning models in diverse tech stack Python, TensorFlow, Java and Rust.
Yield Optimization teams responsibilities:
We are developing state-of-the-art CTR prediction models which are the backbone of Outbrain recommender systems. We leverage Outbrain AutoML suite to accelerate our research and to reduce productization time. We do extensive feature research, develop state of the art models in TensorFlow and Rust. In addition we tackle classical recommender system challenges such as cold start.
Your personal responsibilities are:
- Build Improve and maintain core components for serving our machine learning based services
- Implementation and integration algorithmic features to high scale production system
- KPI based research on improving existing machine learning models
- A/B testing and monitoring of new features
- Data analysis over huge datasets to validate various hypothesis
- Collaborate with AutoML team to further improve our ML Ops tooling
Who you are:
- BSc\MSc in Computer Science, Software, Information Systems Engineering or similar or equivalent industry experience
- 4 years or more proven industrial experience as a software engineer (Python/Scala/Java/C++)
- Machine Learning Enthusiast – Specifically in NLP or Recommender Systems
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with big data technologies Kafka, Spark, Hive, Cassandra – big advantage
- Machine Learning Industry Experience – big Advantage
- Leadership experience (an advantage)
- We care deeply and invest heavily into our team, setting everybody up for growth and success. In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fast-paced environment, learning from other smart people and skyrocketing your skills, we offer:
- International environment: work with world-class Outbrain engineers based in Tel Aviv and New York
- Full-time employment with an attractive salary package
- Equity plan
- Traveling to world’s leading software engineering conferences every year and learning from the best
- A laptop and other equipment of your choice
- Opportunity to give back to community – by open-sourcing code, giving talks and sharing knowledge through our tech blog
- Flexible working hours and an ability to work from home
About Zemanta an Outbrain Company
At Zemanta, we're building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard - they use it to run native advertising campaigns that can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars per month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our team to take our platform to the next level.
Zemanta recently joined Outbrain, the largest native advertising company in the world, on their mission of enabling everyone to discover great content.