Databox, a fast-growing software company that helps other companies monitor and improve their business performance, is looking for an Engineering Platform Lead to help us scale our systems from thousands to millions of users.
About our Engineering:
With almost 50 people on our team, our product and engineering team counts 22 members with expertise in UI/UX design, front-end, mobile, backend, and DevOps engineering. We are looking for an experienced technical lead that will manage our backend platform and part of our engineering team. Besides strong technical skills, we expect you to be highly organized to manage various projects and enjoy mentoring other team members.
Our backend infrastructure is split into several major components including data service (retrieving user data), metric service, data rendering, application business logic, and other traditional MVC components. The majority of our applications and services are built using NodeJS and PHP which is slowly transforming towards a java microservice architecture. PostgreSQL is used for our main database and our data warehouse. Our warehouse is growing rapidly, and loading, transforming, and calculating the data is becoming more challenging.
We are always exploring new tools and ideas as our needs evolve, and we love working alongside people who are willing to try new things. Mentoring, code reviews, writing tests, and belief in coding standards are only some of our core engineering values. We recognize achievements, encourage personal growth, structure knowledge sharing, and have fun doing it all.
– 5+ years of experience with software development in PHP and/or java
– Experience working with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL)
– A solid understanding of OO and MVC design principles, RESTful APIs, caching concepts, the HTTP protocol, and general web architecture
– Experience executing SDLC processes which includes sprint pre-planning/planning, retros, demos, architecture and code reviews
– Ability to write clear and concise code that your teammates can understand and build upon
– Ability to build, own and drive BE projects and provide architectural and technical leadership
– Ability to learn quickly, take the initiative, work independently and handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
– Ability to effectively balance technical leadership and software engineering individual contributor responsibilities
– Ability to detect and find solutions to tech debt and performance problems
– Ability to onboard, develop and manage backend engineers with providing mentoring and guidance. Create an environment for them to reach new heights within their career continually.
– Ability to work closely with the rest of the engineering leadership team to ensure we’re building the excellent, scalable and highly reusable codebase
By joining Databox, you’ll have an opportunity to grow in a multi-cultural environment and work with some of the brightest minds in the world. Both personal and professional growth is equally essential for us as and part of our core values. We will take you to the funny team building events, cover your gym membership, and provide you with top-notch working equipment. Our kitchen is always full of cold drinks, fruit, and snacks. However, since our team and customer base is distributed globally across several countries with concentrations of team members in Slovenia (Ptuj and Ljubljana), US (Boston, MA) and Serbia, this is an opportunity to work in a company with a flexible schedule, location, and travel opportunities.
Apply for This Job on the link below fill in the form with all the required data and submit the application to start a journey with us.