Zemanta Group (consisting of entities in US, Slovenia and UK) was acquired by Outbrain in 2017. It is experiencing rapid year on year growth and we are now looking for a Management Accountant in house.
This role will be responsible for ensuring the completeness and accuracy of all transactions in the general ledger in accordance with U.S. GAAP, and is responsible to complete accounting activities, including reconciliation and analysis. Zemanta Management Accountant will report to the Regional Accounting Manager.
- Responsible for Monthly revenue and COGS reconciliations of the Group’s operations.
- Supporting the Global revenue team at Corporate, working closely with Legal and Business teams to ensure accuracy, efficient processes and effective controls of both AR and AP sides of the business.
- Support business team with required assessments and calculations.
- Manage third-party (external) accountants of the Group in international locations.
- Review of monthly journals, intercompany transactions to finalization of monthly close process in the different subsidiaries within the Group.
- Ensure journal entries are properly recorded in accordance with US GAAP, and that all required financial data is captured, reconciled and documented.
- Ensure balance sheet and other account reconciliations are properly performed and reviewed with reconciling items clearly explained and supported.
- Support the year end/ Quarter end local tax provisions and statutory filings.
- Participate in monthly Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash Flow review meetings, providing analysis of key drivers impacting financial results.
- Assist with implementation of accounting records into ERP system Netsuite.
- Support the FP&A team in the annual budget and monthly forecast processes.
- Review and enforce key financial policies and procedures.
- Evaluate, recommend, and enforce internal controls.
- Work on ad hoc projects, including Global accounting system enhancement projects.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related major
- Big 4 background
- CPA (or equivalent i.e. ACCA , CFA etc) with 2+ years of experience in a global, multi-currency company
- Proficient in International accounting standards (US GAAP- big advantage), technical accounting and internal controls
- Proficient with Excel with a strong systems background (NetSuite – an advantage)
- Experience with preparing financial statements
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- An enthusiastic team player and strong interpersonal skills
- Well organized with outstanding attention to details
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong organizational and management skills
What we offer is competitive pay, an opportunity to work on an exciting global project used by some of the most recognisable brands in the world and cutting edge tech. You’ll be working as a part of a global team, with peers from across the world – US, Brazil, Europe, Israel, Japan, Singapore & Australia. We care deeply and invest heavily into developing our team, setting up everybody for growth and success. We empower every team member to contribute at all levels of our process and product. We are offering full employment with a 6-month trial period.
About Zemanta an Outbrain Company
At Zemanta, we're building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard - they use it to run native advertising campaigns that can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars per month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our team to take our platform to the next level.
Zemanta recently joined Outbrain, the largest native advertising company in the world, on their mission of enabling everyone to discover great content.