Outbrain is seeking a Privacy and Compliance Counsel to provide strategic legal advice on compliance and data protection laws. The role will work cross functionally with our technical teams, product teams and business teams. You will be supporting Outbrain’s privacy programme, working on complex privacy agreements and projects. This is an exciting opportunity for practical-minded legal counsels with an interest in privacy and its impact on tech – come help us define the agenda!
What you’ll be doing
- Advising on a range of complex, high profile and business critical privacy agreements
- Applying effective risk management techniques and offering proactive advice on possible privacy and compliance issues
- Considering stakeholders’ concerns and spotting legal, privacy and compliance issues
- Thinking “outside of the box” to come up with practical and innovative solutions to privacy problems
- Supporting innovation and use of technology to simplify and improve Outbrain’s privacy program
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with different business units
- Providing advice on the privacy and compliance requirements and leading on projects to implement such requirements
- Communicating and negotiating with business partners and external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.)
- Specifying internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Effectively managing business needs with privacy and compliance considerations
What we are looking for
- The successful candidate should have 3-6 years post qualification privacy experience gained at a leading law firm or in-house
- Experience with compliance matters
- Subject matter expertise in global data protection laws (such as GDPR, CCPA, LGPD)
- Experience collaborating with R&D teams to implement privacy by design in the development of new products and services
- Interest in learning about tech and proven experience of being able to articulate complex privacy matters in practical terms
- Experience negotiating data processing agreements and drafting privacy and data security terms for contracts with third party vendors
- Familiarity with data mapping and preparing data privacy impact assessments
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced environment and solving complex problems in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Global perspective with experience in matters involving multiple regions or legal areas
Nice to have
- Experience in the ad tech ecosystem
- Knowledge of other European languages
We care deeply and invest heavily into our team, setting everybody up for growth and success. In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fast-paced environment, learning from other smart people and skyrocketing your skills, we offer:
- a team who respects your opinion and knowledge, who give you the opportunity to grow at any point, every day of the week,
- a lot of freedom, autonomy, trust and transparent communication,
- be exposed to amazing people dropping by the office randomly,
- full-time employment with an attractive salary package,
- flexibility about how you spend your workdays and vacations,
- ability to work from home,
- weekly team lunch,
- free access to the gym and pool across the street to keep you in shape (when open).
What is Zemanta, an Outbrain company?
At Zemanta, an Outbrain company we’re building the most advanced advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard – they use it to run advertising campaigns that reach millions of people every month.
In July 2017 Zemanta joined Outbrain (the world’s largest content recommendation company) on their mission to help anybody discover great content.
In July 2021 Outbrain became a public company trading on NASDAQ
Please submit your application and CV in English language. Thank you.
About Zemanta an Outbrain Company
At Zemanta, we're building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard - they use it to run native advertising campaigns that can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars per month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our team to take our platform to the next level.
Zemanta recently joined Outbrain, the largest native advertising company in the world, on their mission of enabling everyone to discover great content.