As a key member of Outbrain’s Global Brand Creative team, the Senior Designer is a multidisciplinary creative who will work cross-functionally with Outbrain’s marketing and executive leadership team to produce general brand output with a specific focus on presentation design. This role will serve as a lead visual storyteller for Outbrain’s internal and external executive speaking engagements, responsible for creating visually compelling presentations and marketing collateral that consistently and creatively tell the Outbrain story.
The Senior Designer is an expert storyteller who embraces the challenge of visual communication and can showcase a detail-oriented and nuanced design portfolio, with a particular emphasis on presentation design. This role will own projects from concept to completion: working from written briefs, kick-off calls and brainstorms, to strategize and transform complex ideas into simplified and engaging design. This role is multidisciplinary and requires the ability to work across several key mediums such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Powerpoint and Google Slides to combine imagery, illustration, iconography, typography, product mock-ups and motion into compelling designs.
Working with senior and executive stakeholders from all over the world, this role also requires excellent collaboration and communication skills. We are looking for an autonomous self-starter with a history of strong project and time management. Being able to quickly interpret briefs, receive and discuss feedback, explain design decisions, and deliver high-quality drafts within deadlines are all key to success in this role.
- Work closely and with fellow designers to elevate the Outbrain brand and drive brand consistency
- Support the global marketing team with output for both print, digital and general brand resources, such as brochures, ebooks, landing pages, web banners and more
- Collaborate with executive team and senior stakeholders across the business to deliver high-impact presentations and communications
- Own projects from concept to completion, participating in brainstorms and kick-off calls to identify scalable design solutions
- Ensure design output always adheres to Outbrain’s brand guidelines
- Work autonomously and take ownership of project status, communicating and collaborating with stakeholders to meet deadlines
- Effectively communicate and present ideas/design decisions to non-designers
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a design, marketing, or communications field or similar
- Minimum 4-6 years of professional design experience
- A clean, minimalistic design aesthetic and a portfolio that showcases professional, sophisticated work with a focus on strong layouts, type and hierarchy
- Experience working within the technology field is preferred but not required
- Experience in presentation design and proficiency in Powerpoint and Google Slides is required
- Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
- A strategic, process-driven and problem-solving mindset
- An ability to quickly interpret briefs and turn around high-quality drafts on sometimes short notice
- Be comfortable working with senior/executive stakeholders, managing own hours and occasionally working outside typical working hours
- Ability to efficiently manage and prioritize projects, and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Bonus: Knowledge of After Effects, Sketch, Unbounce and project management platforms such as Monday.com, Asana or Basecamp
We care deeply and invest heavily into developing our team, setting up everybody for growth and success. We empower every team member to contribute at all levels of our process and product. In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fast-paced environment, learning from other smart people and skyrocketing your skills, we offer:
- an opportunity to work on an exciting global project used by some of the most recognisable brands in the world,
- a laptop and other equipment,
- ability to work from home,
- weekly team lunch,
- full employment with a 6-month trial period and competitive pay.
Location of work is Zemanta office in the center of Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Please submit your application and CV in English language. Thank you.
About Zemanta an Outbrain Company
At Zemanta, we're building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard - they use it to run native advertising campaigns that can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars per month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our team to take our platform to the next level.
Zemanta recently joined Outbrain, the largest native advertising company in the world, on their mission of enabling everyone to discover great content.