We’re looking for a versatile backend engineer to help us build and grow our partner integration service. We are connected with 50+ ad exchanges that call our endpoints more than a million times per second. You’ll build tools for growing our network -integrating new ad exchanges and data management platforms. You’ll be improving our bidders and our bidder management console.
What is Zemanta?
At Zemanta we’re building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard – they use it to run native advertising campaigns that reach millions of people every month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our engineering team to take our platform to the next level.
In July 2017 Zemanta joined Outbrain (the world’s largest content recommendation company) on their mission to help anybody discover great content.
- Good knowledge of modern backend development, databases, basic data structures and algorithms and most common design patterns.
- Solid experience in at least one strongly typed programming language like Go, C++, C#, Java
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, well-tested production code
- Solid understanding of web foundations like http, ssl and dns
- Experience with NoSQL databases, Hadoop, Kafka, Docker
- Experience with working with clients or product managers
What’s it like to be an engineer at Zemanta?
- You will join a small, independent team of talented engineers responsible for connecting Outbrain and Zemanta infrastructure.
- At the same time you will become a member of Outbrain’s world-class global engineering team and get a chance to work with some of the best engineers in the business.
- You’ll work with exciting technology: most of our backend is written in Python or Go, and we use Cassandra, Aerospike, Hadoop, Redis, Big Query, Redshift and Kafka to handle our data.
- You’ll get a lot of freedom – you’ll be encouraged to work on any part of the codebase to get the job done, and you’ll deploy all the code yourself (don’t worry, our tools make this super easy). This will allow you to move fast and deliver value with nothing slowing you down
We care deeply and invest heavily into our team, setting everybody up for growth and success. In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fast-paced environment, learning from other smart people and skyrocketing your skills, we offer:
- International environment: work with world-class Outbrain engineers based in Tel Aviv and New York
- Full-time employment with an attractive salary package
- Stock options plan
- Traveling to world’s leading software engineering conferences every year and learning from the best
- A laptop and other equipment of your choice
- Opportunity to give back to community – by open-sourcing code, giving talks and sharing knowledge through our tech blog
- Flexible working hours and an ability to work from home
Not from Ljubljana? No problem – if you’re the right person for the job, we will help you with your relocation.
About Zemanta an Outbrain Company
At Zemanta, we're building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard - they use it to run native advertising campaigns that can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars per month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our team to take our platform to the next level.
Zemanta recently joined Outbrain, the largest native advertising company in the world, on their mission of enabling everyone to discover great content.