We’re looking for a versatile backend engineer to help us grow our real-time bidding (RTB) system and supporting services. Our real time bidding infrastructure handles 1,5M+ bid requests every second, and it needs to decide which ad to show for every one of them in real time. This generates terabytes of data every day that needs to be processed quickly and efficiently.
What is Zemanta?
At Zemanta we’re building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard – they use it to run native advertising campaigns that reach millions of people every month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our engineering team to take our platform to the next level.
In July 2017 Zemanta joined Outbrain (the world’s largest content recommendation company) on their mission to help anybody discover great content.
What is your team’s mission?
Your team’s mission is to connect Zemanta’s advertisers with programmatic supply. This includes a wide range of responsibilities:
- Making sure we respond quickly to up to 1.5 million requests/second with the best ads possible.
- Keeping hundreds of thousands of advertising campaigns in sync across multiple systems.
- Building new features that advertisers can leverage and optimizing existing ones.
- Building internal development tools.
- Working with terabytes of data to extract meaningful insights from it.
- Working with databases with billions of entries and hundreds of thousands qps.
- Providing means to business and product teams for accessing the relevant data needed for their work.
What will be your personal responsibilities?
- Collaborate with software engineers and data scientists to research, develop, and deploy services at large scale.
- Leverage our rich data sources and large-scale computing resources to build systems that process tera-bytes of data to improve outcomes for the advertisers.
- Perform software research, development, evaluation, and optimization.
- You’ll align and coordinate with product managers, architects, and other engineers to solve complex problems and cross-team challenges.
- You’ll actively contribute in technical decision making ranging from algorithm design to system and data architecture.
- You’ll share your expertise with the team and help guide junior engineers to take on bigger challenges and more responsibility.
- You’ll work with exciting technology: Go, AWS, GCP, Kafka, Aerospike, PostgreSQL, Redis, Hadoop, BigQuery, Prometheus, Grafana.
- You’ll get a lot of freedom – you’ll be encouraged to work on any part of the codebase to get the job done, and you’ll deploy all the code yourself (don’t worry, our tools make this super easy). This will allow you to move fast and deliver value with nothing slowing you down.
- Good knowledge of modern backend development, databases, data structures and algorithms and most common design patterns.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, well-tested production code.
- A strong desire to learn and grow as a member of a talented engineering team.
- You lean towards simple and effective solutions and are allergic to over-engineering.
- You set very high standards for yourself and you are constantly improving your skills.
- We expect you to like working with people – you’ll be doing that a lot.
- You are a reliable, trustworthy person that keeps their promises and takes responsibility for their actions.
- Having experience with our stack is a plus, but not mandatory – we value desire to learn, passion for solving hard problems, strong fundamentals and dedication to excellence more than the tools you’ve used.
We care deeply and invest heavily into our team, setting everybody up for growth and success. In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fast-paced environment, learning from other smart people and skyrocketing your skills, we offer:
- International environment: work with world-class Outbrain engineers based in Tel Aviv and New York
- Full-time employment with an attractive salary package
- Stock options plan
- Traveling to world’s leading software engineering conferences every year and learning from the best
- A laptop and other equipment of your choice
- Opportunity to give back to community – by open-sourcing code, giving talks and sharing knowledge through our tech blog
- Flexible working hours and an ability to work from home
- Free access to the gym and pool across the street to keep you in shape
Not from Ljubljana? No problem – if you’re the right person for the job, we will help you with your relocation.
About Zemanta an Outbrain Company
At Zemanta, we're building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard - they use it to run native advertising campaigns that can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars per month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our team to take our platform to the next level.
Zemanta recently joined Outbrain, the largest native advertising company in the world, on their mission of enabling everyone to discover great content.