Databox, a fast-growing software company that helps other companies monitor and improve their business performance, is looking for freelance writers to help us increase our publishing frequency and continue to grow traffic, signups, and usage of our product.
Databox mission to help companies monitor and improve performance more easily. In support of that mission, we’ve been publishing educational content that teaches businesses how to improve performance in different parts of their business. This includes crowd-sourced roundup posts, our own thought leadership articles, product promotions, use cases, case studies, articles on other websites, and more.
We’re looking for writers who have enough bandwidth to at least contribute 1-2 blog posts per week for publication on the Databox Blog. Many of these will be Databox’s “roundup reports”––blog posts that feature both qualitative and quantitative insights from dozens of subject matter experts. Your job, as the writer, will be to weave a cohesive narrative around the data and responses and to showcase the Databox product in the context of the article.
We publish 5-10 roundup reports every week. What makes these posts interesting isn’t just the unique insights from contributors, but the narrative our writers create around those responses. More than anything, you’re not just a good writer, but act as a journalist in telling the stories of others.
We try and make it easy for you to do what you do best–-write. You’ll receive weekly assignments from our editorial director complete with an outline of what to include in the post, any graphics to include, and SEO information like the primary keyword, URL, suggested blog title, etc.
We know good writing takes time. We provide a one-week turnaround on any blog assignments.
We use Asana to manage all assignments. Have a question? Want to give us a heads up that your post is done early? We actively communicate with all of our writers via Asana to keep everything organized.
– Excellent English-language speaking and writing.
– Strong grammatical and copy-editing skills.
– General understanding of on-page SEO as it relates to blogging.
– Professional writing experience. (Special consideration for marketers with experience in SaaS or journalists/reporters with a background covering technology.)
– Experience with WordPress (publishing, layout, etc.)
– Subject matter expertise (or experience using) any of the 70+ software tools that our software integrates with and/or subject matter expertise in the topics we cover, including marketing, sales, customer service, ecommerce, SaaS, finance and/or business analytics.
**Please submit at least one writing sample from a content piece you’ve written that you’re particularly proud of in the ‘Website, Blog, or Portfolio’ field below.