We’re looking for a frontend engineer to help us enhance and improve our widget development framework. We want to quickly create new widget designs, roll them out to our bidders automatically and A/B test them on scale – reaching millions of people in just a few minutes. We’re currently growing our display ad inventory buying and we’re building widgets that bring noninvasive native experiences to the banner world. Widgets you’ll build will reach millions and will be displayed on the world’s biggest publishers.
Your team’s mission is to build tools that grow and scale Zemanta’s inventory. This includes a wide range of responsibilities:
- Building tools to support business with new partner integrations.
- Building tools for control over existing partner integrations and routing a million QPS internally and externally.
- Exploring new ways of connecting different types of ads with different types of supply, like buying display inventory with native creatives.
- Building tools and automated systems to recognize inhuman and fraudulent traffic.
Your personal responsibilities:
- You’ll perform software research, development, evaluation, and optimization.
- You’ll collaborate with software engineers and data scientists to research, develop, and deploy experiments, features and enhancements with a high impact on our global revenue.
- You’ll be aligning and coordinating with product managers, architects, and other engineers to solve complex problems and cross-team challenges.
- You’ll be actively contributing in technical decision making, ranging from algorithm design to system and data architecture.
- You’ll share your expertise with the team and help guide junior engineers to take on bigger challenges and more responsibility.
- You’ll get a lot of freedom – you’ll be encouraged to work on any part of the codebase to get the job done, and you’ll deploy all the code yourself (don’t worry, our tools make this super easy). This will allow you to move fast and deliver value with nothing slowing you down.
- You have 3+ years of frontend development experience.
- You’re proficient in at least one of the modern frontend frameworks like Angular, React, Vue.js etc.
- You’re curious about how browsers evaluate code and apply styles, and you like to explore possibilities and constraints.
- You set very high standards for yourself and you are constantly improving your skills.
- You have excellent knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing at scale, and operations.
- You have great communication and interpersonal skills, and you love to collaborate with your team and share all the different knowledge you’ve accumulated with others.
- Experience with Vue.js.
- Experience with building advertising widgets.
- You will join a small, independent team of engineers responsible for connecting Outbrain and Zemanta infrastructure. At the same time you will become a member of Outbrain’s world-class global engineering team and get a chance to work with some of the best engineers in the business.
- Traveling to world’s leading software engineering conferences every year and learning from the best (when possible).
- Full-time employment with an attractive salary package and an equity plan.
- A laptop and other equipment of your choice.
- Opportunity to give back to the community – by open-sourcing code, giving talks and sharing knowledge through our tech blog.
- Flexible working hours and an ability to work from home (working fully remotely or in a hybrid mode due to COVID in the foreseeable future).
- Having both business and technical impact in a global company. We’re still small enough that a single person in this position can have a significant impact.
- Access to additional training and courses to support your growth & development.
- Free access to the gym and the pool across the street to keep you in shape.
What is Zemanta?
At Zemanta we’re building the most advanced advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard – they use it to run advertising campaigns that reach millions of people every month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our engineering team to take our platform to the next level.
In July 2017 Zemanta joined Outbrain (the world’s largest content recommendation company) on their mission to help anybody discover great content.
In July 2021 Outbrain became a public company trading on NASDAQ.
About Zemanta an Outbrain Company
At Zemanta, we're building the most advanced native advertising platform in the world. Marketing agencies love our dashboard - they use it to run native advertising campaigns that can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars per month. Offering them the tools they need to be successful is our main priority, so we are expanding our team to take our platform to the next level.
Zemanta recently joined Outbrain, the largest native advertising company in the world, on their mission of enabling everyone to discover great content.